The Start Here ….guide finally is live! We launched it at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) last month.You can have a look at it here.
If you want to find out about a service, your choices or to get involved, this is your starting point.
Healthwatch Camden is an independent organisation. A part of our duties (which are set out under the Health and Social Care Act 2012) is to offer information and advice on access to services, and to enable local people to monitor the quality of local services.
Depending on the service you are looking for, all you need to do is click on one of the five options available on the Start Here …..guide:
- Advocacy and support – This section is dedicated to help you to speak out on Health and Social Care, and gives you access to legal advice and advocacy services to get the support that you need.
- Checking Quality – This section enables you to review the opinions of regulators, organisations, commissioners and service users on the standards of practice in Health and Social Care services.
- Finding services – This section gives you access to information about local and major national health and social care services, to help you to make the right choice for you.
- Have your say – This section allows you to give feedback and influence what happens to improve and develop services with the support of Organisations, Charities and User Groups.
- Your rights in services – This section is to help you understand what to expect from services, and gives you information, advice and guidance to raise issues and make complaints.
Once you click on one of the above options, you will then be given various choices to answer your query.
We hope that the guide is user-friendly, and useful to both local people and professionals.
We’re still keen to hear your feedback. You can have your say on it by contacting us. For example, let us know how user-friendly you think it is and if there are elements that you would like to see.
Or ……comment below to get your voice heard!